The list is long indeed! But there is a list of things for which mankind will forever be indebted to Mother Nature! And perhaps, most of you will agree that HONEY is one of the top contenders in that list!
The Benefits of Honey
- It is an effective moisturizer; with its humectant property, it not only attracts water but also retains it
- Honey, with its antibacterial and antimicrobial properties can be used to treat wounds and cuts
- Manuka honey in particular can cure eczema
- Manuka honey can also treat skin infections caused by ringworm
- With its antioxidant property, honey can protect your skin from the damage of UV rays
- Honey can fight infections; it can unclog pores and draw out impurities from under your skin
- For healing chapped and wrinkled lips, there is hardly any better alternative than honey
But how will you use honey for skin care? Here are
6 Homemade Skin Care Recipes with Honey
This DIY recipe will require:
- Cucumber Juice; puree the cucumber in a blender and strain the juice out
- 2 tsp of honey
Mix the cucumber juice and honey and pour it into a bottle. Apply the toner on face and neck with a cotton pad every morning and night. Let it dry and then rinse it clean. You can store the toner in a refrigerator for up to a week.
Honey-Oats Face Scrub
First gather these ingredients:
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of finely ground almond
- 2 tbsp of dry oatmeal
- Lemon juice/yogurt
Mix all the ingredients together. Massage it gently onto your face and experience optimum cleansing and soft exfoliation.
Dry Skin Moisturizer with Honey
The moisturizer will require
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 2 tbsp of cocoa butter
- 2 drops of bergamot oil (optional)
- A drop of lavender or tea-tree oil
Mix the ingredients together and apply on your dry and clean face.
Keep this moisturizer in a cabinet for a second try, but since it will solidify, heat it in your microwave for about 10 seconds.
Smoothing Skin Lotion with Honey
The requirements are:
- 1 tsp of honey
- 1 tsp of vegetable oil
- ¼ tsp of lemon
Mix these ingredients together. Rub it with your hand and apply on your elbows, heels or hands or anywhere that feels dry. After keeping it for 10 minutes, rinse it off with cold water.
Gentle Honey Cleanser
This skin care recipe needs
- ¼ cup of honey
- 1 tbsp of liquid soap
- ½ cup glycerin
Mix the ingredients together and apply on your face using a face sponge. Rinse it off with warm water and pat it dry!
Chocolate Honey Body Scrub
For this delicious recipe, first gather
- 2 cups honey
- ½ cup of grapeseed oil
- 2 cups of kosher salt
- 6 tbsp of unsweetened grated chocolate (cocoa powder can also be used)
Mix these ingredients together to form a grainy and thick paste. Apply to your skin and gently massage. Remove with damp warm towels or rinse it in shower.
These recipes are so easy that you will not have to compromise with your daily schedule to flaunt your beautiful glowing skin.